THE LORD WILL
1. For the LORD will not hold him guiltless that
taketh his name in vain.
2. For the LORD will not forsake his people for his
great name's sake: because it hath pleased the LORD
to make you his people.
3. But know that the LORD hath set apart him that is
godly for himself: the LORD will hear when I call
4. The LORD hath heard my supplication; the LORD
will receive my prayer.
5. When my father and my mother forsake me, then the
LORD will take me up.
6. The LORD will give strength unto his people; the
LORD will bless his people with peace.
7. Blessed is he that considereth the poor: the LORD
will deliver him in time of trouble. The LORD will
preserve him, and keep him alive; and he shall be
blessed upon the earth: and thou wilt not deliver
him unto the will of his enemies. The LORD will
strengthen him upon the bed of languishing: thou
wilt make all his bed in his sickness.
8. Yet the LORD will command his lovingkindness in
the daytime, and in the night his song shall be with
me, and my prayer unto the God of my life.
9. For the LORD God is a sun and shield: the LORD
will give grace and glory: no good thing will he
withhold from them that walk uprightly.
10. I will hear what God the LORD will speak: for he
will speak peace unto his people, and to his saints:
but let them not turn again to folly.
11. For the LORD will not cast off his people,
neither will he forsake his inheritance.
12. For the LORD will judge his people, and he will
repent himself concerning his servants.
13. The LORD will perfect that which concerneth me:
14. I know that the LORD will maintain the cause of
the afflicted, and the right of the poor.
15. The LORD will not suffer the soul of the
righteous to famish: but he casteth away the
substance of the wicked.
16. The LORD will destroy the house of the proud:
but he will establish the border of the widow.
17. Rob not the poor, because he is poor: neither
oppress the afflicted in the gate: For the LORD will
plead their cause, and spoil the soul of those that
18. And the LORD will create upon every dwelling
place of mount Zion, and upon her assemblies, a
cloud and smoke by day, and the shining of a flaming
fire by night: for upon all the glory shall be a
defence. And there shall be a tabernacle for a
shadow in the daytime from the heat, and for a place
of refuge, and for a covert from storm and from
19. When the poor and needy seek water, and there is
none, and their tongue faileth for thirst, I the
LORD will hear them, I the God of Israel will not
20. For the Lord will not cast off for ever:
21. But though he cause grief, yet will he have
compassion according to the multitude of his
22. Yea, the LORD will answer and say unto his
people, Behold, I will send you corn, and wine, and
oil, and ye shall be satisfied therewith: and I will
no more make you a reproach among the heathen:
23. The LORD will be the hope of his people,
24. Blessed is the man to whom the Lord will not